Updated 10 Jun 2020
Statements from Chairman Emeritus, Ratan N Tata, Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran, and Covid-19 responses of various Tata companies and brands.
Tata Sons partners with Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute to augment production of COVID-19 testing Kits
The kits will be based on RT-LAMP (Reverse Transcriptase Loop-Mediated Amplification) technology for COVID-19 detection which can produce results in significantly less time thereby increasing the throughput of labs in India.
CSIR IGIB and Tata Sons sign an MoU for licensing knowhow related to development of a kit for rapid and accurate diagnosis of Covid-19
A completely indigenous scientific invention, FELUDA for Covid-19 has been designed for mitigating the ongoing Covid-19 situation and cater to mass testing. Its main advantages are its affordability, relative ease of use and non-dependency on expensive Q-PCR machines
Chairman Emeritus Ratan N Tata's statement on Tata Trusts' Covid-19 Strategy:
"The current situation in India and across the world is of grave concern and needs immediate action. Tata Trusts and the Tata group’s companies have in the past risen to the needs of the nation. At this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time..."
Chairman N Chandrasekaran's statement on Tata group financial commitment to Covid-19 relief (March 28, 2020):
"Tata Sons announces an additional Rs 1000 Crores support towards COVID 19 and related activities. We will work together with the Tata Trusts and our Chairman Emeritus Mr Tata and would be fully supporting their initiatives, and work in a collaborative manner to bring the full expertise of the group..."
Chairman N Chandrasekaran's statement on Covid-19 (March 20, 2020):
"At the Tata Group, we have asked all of our companies to exercise extreme caution. The health and safety of our employees, their families and our suppliers, vendors and our larger ecosystem is of paramount importance. Our companies have largely enabled a ‘Work from Home’ (WFH) environment..."
Responses by Tata group companies
Tata Consultancy Services
- Response to Covid-19 pandemic
- TCS iON™ Free Access to Interactive Virtual Classrooms for schools and colleges
- Coronavirus Update and Advisory
- Taj Public Service Welfare Trust request for contributions
- Taj Public Service Welfare Trust
Jaguar Land Rover
- JLR to deploy global fleet to support emergency partners
- JLR Coronovirus support: delivery of 3-D printed visors begins and more than 300 vehicles deployed globally to support emergency response
Tata AIA Life
- Tata AIA becomes the first Life Insurance Company to announce additional benefits related to COVID-19 for Policyholders and Agents at no additional cost
Tata SIA Airlines (Vistara)
Tetley United Kingdom
Eight O’Clock Coffee United States