March 28, 2020 | Tata Trusts
The current situation in India and across the world is of grave concern and needs immediate action. Tata Trusts and the Tata group’s companies have in the past risen to the needs of the nation. At this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time.
In this exceptionally difficult period, I believe that urgent emergency resources need to be deployed to cope with the needs of fighting the COVID 19 crisis, which is one of the toughest challenges the human race will face.
Today, Tata Trusts continue their pledge to protect and empower all affected communities, and is committing Rs. 500 Crores for:
- Personal Protective Equipment for the medical personnel on the frontlines
- Respiratory systems for treating increasing cases
- Testing kits to increase per capita testing
- Setting up modular treatment facilities for infected patients
- Knowledge management and training of health workers and the general public
Tata Trusts, Tata Sons and the Tata group companies are joined by committed local and global partners as well as the government to fight this crisis on a united public health collaboration platform which will strive to reach out to sections that are underprivileged and deprived.
We are deeply grateful and have immense respect for every person of member organizations who have risked their life and safety to fight this pandemic.
Ratan N Tata
Chairman, Tata Trusts
Chairman Emeritus, Tata group