1. Who can apply?
Any student attending university - either at undergraduate or graduate level can apply. The program is open to students outside India - across all disciplines, levels and countries. We are looking for passionate thinkers who are willing to challenge status quo.
2. When should I apply?
1 September 2020 until 31 December 2020. You may even register after 31 Dec 2020, however your application would only be considered in case of any available projects.
3. What is the timeline of the internship?
The internships can be done during two windows – The capstone projects that are done in conjunction with several universities follow university timelines and are typically in March/April 2021 and the Summer internships begin in May–July 2021. We understand that different geographies follow their own calendars and are happy to provide staggered start dates.
4. What is the duration of the internship?
Tata Global Internships will range from six to twelve weeks. This duration is project specific and can sometimes be altered by mutual convenience.
5. Do I need to submit any documents when I apply?
The application process requires you to submit your resume and a personal statements, so that you can talk about why the program interests you and why you think you would be a good fit for it.
6. Do I need any recommendations?
You will need one academic or work recommendation after we have made you an offer.
7. Where can I get more information on the projects available?
You can see some of last year's projects here. Once you register with us, you may check for new project updates periodically.
8. Where will I stay during the internship?
Due to Covid-19, the internships for 2021 will be done virtually from the remote location you are situated in. We hope to return to in-person internships the next year.
9. What if the current projects do not interest me?
While applying online, indicate your area of interest (for example, sustainability, data analysis, finance, consulting, brand communications and much more). We will do what we can to ensure that you get one of your top three choices.
1. What is the application process?
The following is the process:
- Your Canvas - our Application Form
- Asynchronous Interview
- Business Interview
1. When will I hear back with the final decision, after the interview?
If you have made it through to the Asynchronous Interview stage, you will hear back within three weeks of making your application.
Final offers will be made after your business interview which will be conducted in January 2021.
2. Is there a limit on the number of students in the program?
There isn't a predefined number of students in the program. Interns are selected on a project-to-project basis. Our size gives us the flexibility to create new projects for top talent.
3. Can I speak to someone to help me decide whether this is the right decision for me?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any questions.
4. How can I apply to do a 'course project' with a Tata company as a part of my degree?
If your degree requires you to do a ‘capstone’ project as a part of it, write to us at email@example.com with details of the course requirement and we are happy to take the conversation ahead.