Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for the past fifty years.
With revenues of over $20.9 billion in FY19, TCS is ranked among the top ten global IT service providers. Its consulting-led, cognitive-powered integrated portfolio is delivered through its unique location-independent Agile delivery model, which is a benchmark of excellence in software development.
In the past year, TCS launched its Business 4.0™ thought leadership framework to help clients pursue their growth and transformation agendas by leveraging digital technologies along four key pillars: intelligence, agility, automation, and cloud.
The framework also identifies four business behaviors that Business 4.0 organizations adopt. They personalize at scale, leverage ecosystems, embrace risk and create exponential value. This articulation has resonated very well with the market, and resulted in TCS winning several industry-defining mega deals that leveraged its full stakeholder services strategy, investments in research and innovation, deep contextual knowledge of the client’s business, and its unmatched portfolio of products and platforms.
TCS’ philosophy that there are only legacy technologies and no legacy people and its investments in the digital reskilling of the workforce at scale has helped the company build up a significant scale in newer technologies and establish leadership in the digital opportunity. The organization’s commitment to investing in people, and to providing a vibrant, engaging, and empowering workplace, has resulted in an industry-leading retention rate. TCS was recognized as a Global Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute, and as one of the Best Employers globally in the Forbes 2000 list.
In the 50th year of its founding, TCS has been recognized among the Top 3 brands in IT services globally, and among the Top 60 brands in the United States across all industries. It was also ranked the fastest growing brand by value in the sector, globally, growing 14.4% year-on-year.
TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability™ World Index, the MSCI Global Sustainability Index, and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index.
Key Business Highlights FY 2017-2018
- Signed several industry-defining mega deals in FY18, including the largest IoT deal with Rolls Royce, and the core transformation deal with Transamerica
- Revenue of $19.09 billion represented a growth of 8.6% in dollar terms over the prior year, which translates into 6.7% growth in constant currency (cc) terms
- Six industry verticals experienced double-digit growth in cc terms, collectively growing 13.2%, while the Banking, Financial Services and Retail (BFSI) and Retail verticals experienced single-digit growth.
- By geography, cc growth was led by Continental Europe (19.1%), the UK (8.6%), Latin America (7.8%), and India (6.9%)
- Revenue from digital engagements grew 35.3% over the prior year in cc terms and accounted for 21.2% of total revenue
- Delivered an industry-leading operating margin of 24.8% and a net margin of 21%
- Organic talent development initiatives resulted in over 247,000 employees getting trained in digital technologies, and over 208,000 employees trained in Agile methods, giving TCS the largest Agile-ready workforce in the world
Financial Highlights FY19
Source: TCS Investor website
|No.||Label||2018-19 (Rs crore)|
Live Stock Data
|1||BSE Price||( )|
|2||NSE Price||( )|