Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for over 50 years.
TCS offers a consulting-led, cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of business, technology and engineering services and solutions. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent AgileTM delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development.
A part of the Tata group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has over 443,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $22 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020, and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India. TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index.
Key Business Highlights
- Rolled out the Secure Borderless Workspaces model in response to the lockdowns, enabling over 90% of the workforce to securely work from home. The model leverages all prior investments, and incorporates best practices around network management, an internal SOC, a standard service delivery environment, digitized delivery governance processes, and use of cloud-based collaboration technologies.
- Israel’s first fully digital bank has signed up as the first customer of TCS’ Banking Service Bureau, powered by TCS BaNCS™. TCS was selected by Israel’s Ministry of Finance to build a banking service bureau, a shared, plug-and-play, digital banking operations platform to help start-up banks launch very quickly.
- Ranked Overall Best Managed Technology Company in Asia, in FinanceAsia’s 2020 Asia’s Best Companies survey of investors across the region. Also ranked #1 position for Best Environmental Stewardship and Most Committed to Social Causes, #2 in Best Corporate Governance and Best Investor Relations, and #3 in Best Managed Company in India.
- Recognized as a Global Top Employer by the Top Employers Institute. Also certified as the #1 Top Employer in Europe, MEA and APAC, and in 11 countries – Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Chile, Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Recognized as the fastest growing IT services brand of the decade and one of the fastest growing IT services brands of 2019, by Brand Finance.
- Celebrated 100 years of TCS House, the Company’s head office in the historic Fort precinct in Mumbai. Originally known as Ralli House, this Grade IIA heritage structure was acquired by TCS in 2004 from Rallis, a Tata Group company, and painstakingly restored and remodeled, while retaining the original stone facade.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, expanded its strategic partnership with TCS with a 10-year contract. In the new operating model for IT Run and Operational services, TCS will provide managed services using an approach that blends artificial intelligence, machine learning and advanced software engineering to enhance operational resilience and boost productivity.
- Petco, America's leading pet specialty retailer, selected TCS Optumera™, to hyper-localize and optimize its store products and space strategies, with greater speed and precision in decision-making, and deliver an improved end-to-end customer experience.
- Declared a special dividend of INR 40 per share, amounting to over 15,000 crore paid out to shareholders over and above the regular dividends.
- Towards enhanced LGBTQ+ inclusion and building on the core value of ‘Respect for the Individual’, TCS became the first Tata group company to include gender reassignment surgery under its employee health cover, and redefine the word ‘spouse’ to include same-sex partners, regardless of marital status.
- Launched the Quartz™ DevKit to accelerate enterprise adoption of blockchain technology. The DevKit abstracts out the complexity of blockchain programming and provides enterprises with a low-code means to quickly and easily build blockchain-based applications on popular platforms.
- Consolidated all operations for Strate, the South African central securities depository on to TCS BaNCS for Market Infrastructure. The implementation covers all markets and asset classes and marks a significant transformation in the South African securities market.
- Expanded strategic partnership with Phoenix Group to digitally transform Standard Life’s pensions and savings operations by moving 4.2 million policies to the TCS BFSI Digital Platform.
- Recognized as the ‘Most Awarded Company of the Decade in India’, ‘Overall Most Outstanding Company in India’ and the ‘Most Outstanding Company in India in the IT Services Sector’ in Asiamoney's 2019 Asia's Outstanding Companies poll of investors and analysts across the region.
- Launched TCS BaNCS Cloud for Asset Servicing, a platform that automates the servicing of all classes of assets across all markets, and is targeted at custodians, broker dealers, asset managers, and investment and private banks.
- ignio™, TCS’ award-winning cognitive automation software, celebrated its fourth anniversary by doubling its revenue and customer base, year-on-year. FY 2020 saw Digitate’s AI product line expand beyond the original ignio AIOps, to include ignio AI.WorkloadManagement, ignio AI.ERPOps for automating ERP support operations, ignio AI.Digital Workspace and ignio Cognitive Procurement.
- Established a strategic partnership with General Motors for global vehicle design and development including vehicle styling, EV battery, motor design and advanced virtual simulations to set new benchmarks in driving experience, safety and emissions.
- Chosen by the Reserve Bank of India as its strategic partner to design and implement an AI-based centralized information and management system that will collect, review and analyze data, enabling data-driven business decision-making for better regulation of financial markets and better tracking of the country's economic growth.
- Powered Jurassic Fibre’s new, ultrafast full-fiber optic broadband offering to towns and rural communities in the South West of England, with TCS HOBS. TCS will also implement an ERP solution for its finance, supply chain, talent management and field service operations.
- Increased holding in TCS Japan Ltd, the Company’s joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation, from 51% to 66%, reiterating TCS’ commitment to the Japanese market. This is the latest in a series of investments made by TCS in recent years to cater to the specific needs of Japanese corporations.
- Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, Loblaw, successfully deployed ignio, TCS cognitive automation software, as part of its IT transformation program. ignio has helped reduce the mean time to resolve outages to 3 - 6 minutes, and automate over 20% of incidents and alerts in the first ten months. The reduced outages and faster resolution have resulted in a superior online shopping experience for end customers.
- Celebrated 15 years of partnership with Star Alliance, the global airline network, by embarking on new digital transformation initiatives. TCS’ industry-first solutions have helped the Alliance drive digital innovation and provide a seamless experience to passengers.
- Launched TCS Pace Port™ New York, a new co-innovation and advanced research center that unifies the best of TCS’ global research, innovation, partner ecosystem and business transformation services – designed to help customers scale up their innovation efforts and accelerate their transformation journeys.
- Helped India Post transform to a multi-service digital hub, modernize mail delivery, enhance customer experience, and launch innovative services that drive new revenues. The new system connects over 150,000 post offices, and processes over 3 million postal transactions a day. Additionally, TCS implemented a POS solution across 80,000 POS terminals, making it one of the largest such implementations in the world.
- Powered the world’s first successful cross-border real-time securities settlement between two central securities depositories – Maroclear (Morocco) and Kuwait Clearing Company – using cash coins on the TCS BaNCS Network, powered by Quartz™ Blockchain. This could revolutionize cross-border flows, reducing currency risks and enhancing liquidity.
Financial Highlights FY20
Source: TCS Investor website
|No.||Label||2019-20 (Rs Crore)|
Live Stock Data
|1||BSE Price||( )|
|2||NSE Price||( )|