Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting, and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world’s largest businesses in their transformation journeys for over 50 years.
TCS offers a consulting-led, cognitive-powered, integrated portfolio of business, technology, and engineering services and solutions. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent Agile™ delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development.
A part of the Tata group, India's largest multinational business group, TCS has over 488,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $22.2 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, and is listed on the BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) and the NSE (National Stock Exchange) in India. TCS' proactive stance on climate change and award-winning work with communities across the world have earned it a place in leading sustainability indices such as the MSCI Global Sustainability Index and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index.
- Unveiled a new brand statement, ‘Building on Belief’, to articulate TCS’ mission and relationship with customers, and putting its vast experience in purpose-led transformation at the core of its brand story as it embarks on its next decade of transformation-led growth.
- Ranked #2 in the PEAK Matrix® IT Service Provider of the Year: ITS Top 20 by Everest Group, for being a Leader in 18 evaluations and a Star Performer in 4, in 2020. Additionally, TCS was named the Leader of the Year in Application Services and in Life Sciences, and the Star Performer of the Year in Healthcare.
- Launched the TCS COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Management Suite of modular, easy-to-deploy solutions that leverage AI, robotics, blockchain, and the Internet of Things (IoT) to streamline every stage of the end-to-end testing and vaccination journeys, enabling more individuals to get tested and vaccinated faster and return to normal life experiences.
- Ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction across Europe in an independent survey of 1,700 CxOs of top IT spending organizations by Whitelane Research. Additionally, in the individual country rankings, TCS was ranked #1 in UK, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Nordics.
- Ranked among the Top 3 brands in IT services by Brand Finance; TCS clocked the highest absolute brand value growth in the sector in 2020 and was named the fastest-growing brand in the industry over the last decade (2010-2020)
- Augmented the Banking Service Bureau built and run by TCS for the digital banking industry in Israel, with a new transformative Digital Bank Guarantee platform, powered by the Quartz® Blockchain solution. Bank Hapoalim, Israel’s largest bank that manages over 30% of the total bank guarantees in the country, is the anchor customer for the SaaS platform.
- Launched TCS Clever Energy™, an energy and emission management system that uses a digital twin setup based on IoT, AI and cloud, to help commercial and industrial organizations manage their energy consumption better, drive energy and cost efficiencies, decrease carbon emissions, and accelerate their carbon neutral journeys.
- Established a strategic partnership with Prudential Financial Inc (PFI), that saw over 1,500 employees of Pramerica Systems Ireland Ltd, PFI’s Irish subsidiary, transfer to TCS’ new global delivery center in Ireland. Besides expanding the PFI relationship, the new center enhances TCS’ nearshore capability to provide a range of services to customers in Ireland, the UK, Europe and the US.
- Deepened the relationship with Deutsche Bank by acquiring its subsidiary, Postbank Systems AG (PBS), its full-range IT captive that provides project management, application management and infrastructure support services. The addition of PBS’ 1,500 employees further adds to TCS’ scale in Germany, and strengthens its growth outlook.
- Selected as a Superbrand, in the US and UK, based on the strength of its brand reputation across channels, business performance, industry-leading job creation, scale of employee training and development, and dedication to nationwide corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Launched new cloud practice units to gain leadership in the rapidly expanding opportunity around the three major hyperscale platforms – AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Each unit is a full-service, multidisciplinary organization offering customers the full range of transformational and operational services on the respective technology stacks, spanning advisory services, migration, application and data modernization, including SaaS and enterprise productivity suites, infrastructure, cyber-security and edge.
- The Contextual Masters program that recognizes experienced TCSers who demonstrate high levels of contextual knowledge, crossed the 10,000 masters milestone. Contextual knowledge is highly valuable tacit knowledge about a customer's business, operations and technology landscape, acquired on the job by immersing oneself into that environment, a key differentiator for TCS.
- Operationalized 10 new Threat Management Centers, at Bloomington, Minnesota – US, Manchester – UK, Madrid – Spain, as well as at major Indian cities. These will offer comprehensive and integrated cybersecurity and threat management services across IT, OT, IoT and cloud ecosystems, helping customers stay secure and cyber-resilient while meeting local data- and cyber-sovereignty regulations.
- Launched TCS Safe Workplace, a return-to-work solution for global enterprises that uses existing enterprise platforms to create a workplace command center that assesses the readiness of employees, the work environment, and the workforce model; automates the return-to-work processes, including contact tracing, shift management, and workspace planning; and monitors critical risk factors.
- Opened up the game-changing National Qualifier Test (NQT) to other corporates, making it a common gateway test for fresher recruitment. This standardized test will provide candidates with access to open positions at multiple corporates while helping corporates get an in-depth understanding of applicants’ cognitive abilities and reduce evaluation overheads.
- Ranked #2 by revenue in the UK market for software and IT services in TechMarketView’s UK SITS rankings, up from #5 in 2019. Further, based on revenues earned, TCS was ranked #1 in Applications and #2 in Consulting and Solutions.
- Built and deployed a blockchain-based digital supply chain platform, powered by the TCS Data Marketplace solution, to support Indigenisation of Diagnostics, an ambitious new project launched by the Government of India to scale up indigenous Covid-19 diagnostic test-kit production capacity to a million test kits a day.
- Successfully deployed TCS DynaPORT, a state-of-the-art terminal operating system at Tilbury2 Ro-Ro, London’s latest freight ferry terminal. TCS implemented this solution in under twelve weeks, 100% virtually during the COVID-19 lockdown, leveraging the Secure Borderless Workspaces™ (SBWS™) model.
- Launched a SaaS version of the ignio™ suite of autonomous software. Further, the suite was expanded to include three new products: ignio Cognitive Procurement to help enterprises make smarter purchase decisions, ignio AI.Digital Workspace, a self-healing, end-user experience management software, and ignio Studio, a low-code toolkit that allows customers to extend the out-of-the-box capabilities of the ignio software suite.
- Offered free of cost access to TCS iON Digital Glass Room, a virtual learning platform, to educational institutions in the US, Europe and India, to enable educators and students to connect in a secure virtual environment, moving lessons from classrooms to interactive digital glass rooms.
- Fully institutionalized the SBWS operating model and also replicated it for customers. The model was strengthened with additional analytics and extended to cover the end-to-end customer engagement lifecycle, including prospecting, sale and even new project ramp-ups
Financial Highlights FY21
Source: TCS Investor website
|No.||Label||2020-21 (Rs Crore)|
|2||Profit Before Finance Costs, Exceptional Items and Tax||45,615|
|3||Profit Before Tax||43,760|
|4||Profit After Tax||32,562|
Live Stock Data
|1||BSE Price||( )|
|2||NSE Price||( )|