Tata Power is one of India's largest integrated power companies, present across the entire power value chain of conventional & renewable energy, power services and next-generation customer solutions including solar rooftop, EV charging stations and home automation.
Formerly known as Tata Electric, Tata Power has pioneered technology adoption in the utility sector with many firsts to its credit including setting up India's first hydroelectric power station in 1915.
Tata Power, together with its subsidiaries & joint entities, has 12772 MW of generation capacity where 30% comes from clean and green sources. They look to shape the future through our green initiatives. From energy-saving power services, to making India EV ready with multi-city EV charging stations and being India's #1 rooftop solar provider, Tata Power is continuously delivering green technology for the smart consumer.
With over a century of contributing to nation building, technology leadership, customer care, world-class safety processes and leading sustainability initiatives, Tata Power is 'lighting up lives' for generations to come.
Sustainability being a core philosophy, Tata Power leads the industry in clean and sustainable solutions for customers and the community.
Clean energy generation
Pioneering hydropower generation in India in 1915 with the first hydro station at Khopoli in 1915, Tata Power today has 30% of clean energy generation in its portfolio including solar and wind generation. They aim to grow this to 40-50% in the next few years.
Next-generation customer solutions
Tata Power established Mumbai’s first set of Electric Vehicle charging stations in Mumbai. Now present in Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad, they provide charging solutions making India EV Ready.
Tata Solar is present across the renewables value chain, from solar manufacturing to customer rooftop solutions. Being India's #1 rooftop solar provider, Tata Power is continuously delivering green technology for the smart consumer.
The company has pioneered initiatives to increase public awareness about energy conservation through Club Enerji – a resource conservation club that works with schools and children. Over 10 years, the initiative has covered more than 553 schools, senstitized more than 19 million citizens and saved around 33 million units of energy.
Mahseer Conservation Project
This is the company’s flagship biodiversity program to save the endangered species of freshwater fish – Mahseer. Started more than four decades ago, the program is a call-to-action to create awareness and sensitization, coupled with a successful captive breeding program.
- Tata Power to develop 110 MW Solar Project for Kerala State Electricity Board Limited
- Tata Power takes over power distribution in Western and Southern Odisha from 1st January 2021 onwards
- Tata Power partners with SIDBI to launch affordable & collateral-free financing for Rooftop Solar for MSMEs Consumers
- TP Renewable Microgrid inaugurates its first 5kW Bio-gas generating plant in Bihar
- Tata Power recognised as one of the country’s Most Sustainable Companies by Sustain Labs Paris (SLP)
- TP Renewable Microgrid marks its first anniversary by commissioning its 100th Solar Microgrid Project in Ratnapur, Uttar Pradesh
- Tata Power to develop 100 MW Solar Project at Dholera Solar Park in Gujarat
- TP Central Odisha Distribution Limited strive for Operational Excellence to enhance Customer Experience
- MG Motor and Tata Power launch EV charging Station in Nagpur, Kolhapur, Lucknow, Coimbatore , Mangaluru and Agra.
- Tata Power signs a PPA with Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata to commission Indian health sector’s biggest carport.Tata Power signs a PPA with Tata Motors to commission India’s Largest Carport at Pune
- IHCL joins hands with Tata Power for Solar Energy for Mumbai Hotels
- Tata Power to develop 225 MW hybrid renewable power project
- Tata Power joins hands with MG Motor India to deploy Superfast chargers at select MG Dealerships
- Tata Power Solar receives the Letter of Award for CPSU-II from NTPC for 300 MW project
Financial Highlights FY20
|No.||Label||2019-20 (Rs crore)|
Live Stock Data
|1||BSE Price||( )|
|2||NSE Price||( )|