Tata AIG General Insurance Company is a joint venture between Tata Sons and the American International Group (AIG).
Tata AIG combines the Tata group's pre-eminent brand strength and leadership position in India and AIG's global presence as the world's leading international insurance organization.
Tata AIG offers an extensive range of General Insurance covers that cater to various individual and business insurance needs. Tata AIG has made a mark in the industry by launching several innovative products and services over the years.
During the year Tata AIG registered a growth of 30% in Gross Written Premium (GWP) has helped Tata AIG to continue to lead the market in its selected lines of business and maintain its ranking as the fifth largest private sector insurer in India.
Business Highlights FY18
- Maintained ranking as the fifth-largest private sector insurer with an increase in market share from 3.3% in FY17 to 3.6% in FY18
- Significantly improved distribution reach through 158 branches
- Focused on customer service through enhanced claim experience
- Streamlined operational processes through implementation of technology solutions and business process engineering
- ICRA, the rating company, has assigned Tata AIG an iAAA rating for its claims paying ability, the highest in this category for an insurance company