Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), part of Tata Motors since 2008, is Britain’s largest automotive manufacturer which designs, manufactures and sells some of the world’s best-known premium cars.
The two iconic brands of JLR include Jaguar, with a range of luxury sedans, sports cars and luxury performance SUVs, and Land Rover, encompassing a portfolio of premium all-terrain vehicles. The company has four principal automotive manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom at Solihull, Castle Bromwich, Halewood and the Engine Manufacturing Centre at Wolverhampton. The company also has a manufacturing footprint in China through a joint venture, contract manufacturing in Austria and local assembly operations in Brazil and India. The company is planning to open a new manufacturing plant in Slovakia.
JLR completes ten years of association with the Tatas this year. In that period, JLR sales have increased from less than 200,000 units a year to more than 600,000 units. The company has set new standards for engineering excellence, automotive technologies and advanced design, reﬂected by multiple awards for its various models. The company has also made a record investment of £4.2 billion in FY18 in new automotive technologies, production and R&D facilities in line with its Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared (ACES) strategy. The company is committed to deliver long-term growth through award-winning products and services for its customers.
Business Highlights FY 2017-2018
- Launched a new range of products, including:
- Range Rover Velar, the most refined and capable medium SUV
- Jaguar I-PACE, the world’s first fully electric premium SUV
- Compact E-PACE, which combines sports car looks with the practicality of a SUV
- Jaguar XF Sportbrake and the first plug-in hybrid models of the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport
- Announced electrification roadmap to address diesel challenges
- Forged partnership with Waymo for autonomous vehicles
- A new plant at Nitra, Slovakia commenced production of Land Rover Discovery in 2018