Imagination can take you anywhere. It took these bright minds straight to the top.
Starting December 2020, the 13 winners of India’s biggest business challenge have the best minds of the Tata group helping them shape their ideas into a world-beating combination.
The chosen 13 — ten college students and three employees from Tata companies across the world — made it to the top from among the 56,980 people who registered for the inaugural edition of the Tata Imagination Challenge.
2020 Winners Slam Book
We’re stoked to showcase our TIC class of 2020. Even more so because our showcase includes what has gotten them so far and what they look forward to in 2021. As the stardust settles on the win - they now await their exposure to extraordinary learnings in the form of curated programs, accelerator programs, shadow sessions, workshops and interaction with leaders. Download the PDF here.
Our voyage has only just begun, and we’ll make sure to keep you in the loop!
Leveling the playing field
The Tata Imagination Challenge seeks to level the playing field - this year's edition was open to all college and university students in India, irrespective of location and stream of study. To be eligible, a student only needed to study a regular course in a recognised institution, irrespective of location and stream of study. The competition was also open to Tata company employees as part of its in-house track.
All one needed was imagination and the will to pursue dreams. The idea is that everyone with the will should have a fair shot at making it big
The numbers tell the story of the Challenge’s success. The participating students came from 4,500 colleges spanning the length and breadth of the country, including 1,350 b-schools and 1,900 tech campuses.
Conducted entirely digitally this year, the challenge was structured as follows
- Round 1: Participants were given the task of knowing the Tata brand a little better through caselet comprehensions and a test of their analytical skills called “Analytithon.”
- Round 2: The second round involved analyzing real-world business cases from the Tata group
- Round 3: In this round, the finalists presented their big ideas to a jury comprising Tata group leadership. The winning ideas are in this page below.
Prizes that go beyond the usual
The prizes at Tata Imagination Challenge are not just prizes - they are designed to ensure an engagement that goes well beyond the cash prizes. Winners have the opportunity to interact and engage with Tata leaders and access to the Tata ecosystem. The experience promises to be a masterclass in business leadership that goes beyond the usual internship and complements what one learns in class.
- Cash prize of Rs. 2.00 lakh each
- Mentoring and shadow sessions by Tata leaders
- Accelerator sessions to hone the winning ideas
- Access to Tata Tomorrow University – the group learning portal (www.tmtctata.com)
- Nominations to flagship learning programs
- TAS Pre-Placement as per the eligibility guidelines
Congratulations to the winners!
See their winning ideas below.
2020 Winners - Student Track
Aditi Somani, SPJIMR Mumbai
Adrija Sarkar, SPJIMR Mumbai
Aiyush Bahl, NMIMS Mumbai
Anant Bordia, IIM Ahmedabad
Chirag Mehta, IIM Bangalore
Ishita Vishnoi, IIM Lucknow
Lokesh Raizada, MDI Gurgaon
Pranav Dev Singh, IMT Ghaziabad
Raghav Gupta, IIM Ahmedabad
Shubham Manjitsingh Bagga, SPJIMR Mumbai
2020 Winners - In-house Track
Himshikha, Tata Sky
Pratik Bhalgat, Tata Projects
Swapnil Chauhan, Tata Trusts
- Total Colleges
- Tech Institutes