1. Who can apply?
Any student attending university - either at undergraduate or graduate level can apply. The program is open to students outside India - across all disciplines, levels and countries. We are looking for passionate thinkers who are willing to challenge status quo.
2. When should I apply?
You can apply from 25 October 2019 until 31 March 2020. Applications will be on a rolling, first-come, first-serve basis.
3. What is the timeline of the internship?
The internships can be done during two windows - March and May / June 2020. Exact dates will be announced closer to the time. However, we do accept applications on a rolling basis.
4. What is the duration of the internship?
Tata Global Internships will range from four to eight weeks.
5. Do I need to submit any documents when I apply?
The application process requires you to submit your resume and a cover letter, so that you can talk about why the program interests you and why you think you would be a good fit for it.
6. Do I need any recommendations?
You will need one academic or work recommendation after we have made you an offer.
7. Where can I get more information on the projects available?
You can see some sample projects here. Once you register with us, you will receive updates regarding new projects periodically.
8. Where will I stay during the internship?
For 2020, internships are likely to be in Mumbai, Bengaluru and Jamshedpur. Accommodation will be provided to you at company guest houses or hotels by the Tata company you are working with.
9. Will I get help with visas and travel?
Yes, we will help you with visas. All information regarding a visa to India will be available at the nearest Indian High Commission / Consulate in your country. We will also support all travel and logistics costs completely.
10. What if the current projects do not interest me?
While applying online, indicate your area of interest (for example, sustainability, data analysis, finance, consulting, brand communications and much more). We will do what we can to ensure that you get one of your top three choices.
11. How many days in a week will I work?
The workweek will comprise of five working days.
1. What is the application process?
The following is the process:
- Your Canvas, Our Application Form
- Gamified Assessment
- Asynchronous Interview
- Business Interview
1. When will I hear back with the final decision, after the interview?
Final offers will be made within two weeks of your business interview.
2. Is there a limit on the number of students in the program?
There isn't a predefined number of students in the program. Interns are selected on a project-to-project basis. Our size gives us the flexibility to create new projects for top talent.
3. Can I speak to someone to help me decide whether this is the right decision for me?
Spending a summer in a new country is a big and brave decision. You can email email@example.com in case you would like to understand what this could entail.
4. How can I apply to do a 'course project' with a Tata company as a part of my degree?
If you are a student who is looking to work on a live project, either as an individual or as part of a team, you can apply for it here. The 'course projects' can be of varying durations of 3-8 weeks.