Women play myriad roles in society. Quite often, due to personal and family responsibilities, women choose to opt out from their career. Later, when women decide to restart their professional journey after a hiatus, they are apprehensive and could do with guidance and hand-holding.
Tata SCIP is a platform that helps you overcome your apprehensions and provides you the exact guidance, hand-holding and flexibility to restart your career. The program has been specifically designed to make your onboarding process - when you are returning to work after a break – smoother, faster & more efficient.
A large number of capable, committed and ambitious women decide to remain outside the workforce for a number of reasons such as marriage, motherhood, locational constraints, family commitments, pursuit of personal passions and others. Many who want to return to work and are looking for a way to harmonise professional and personal lives hesitate as they are unsure of the opportunities and the mechanisms that they will encounter in mainstream careers. The resulting loss is two-fold: the women let go of their professional aspirations, while businesses lose out on the productivity of a sizeable portion of the talent pool.
Tata SCIP offers qualified women an eclectic choice of careers with varying time commitments so that they can take up professional mainstream roles, become financially independent and ensure greater women participation in the workforce.
Who Can Apply?
In the spirit of being inclusive we have kept the exclusions to the bare minimum. SCIP is open for all women who want to start a second career, be it with a project, as a consultant or as a full-time employee.
To register for the SCIP programme, you must have a minimum continuous work experience of two years and must be on a break at the time of application. The duration of the break could be months or a host of years.
SCIP offers three formats:
- Projects: Usually three to six months. Work hours are to be mutually decided between your hiring manager and yourself, but are not equating to full hours. Your remuneration is dependent on duration, nature of project and relevant experience
- Consultant Roles: Consultant roles are usually 6-12 months. Work hours are to be mutually decided between the candidate and the reporting manager; and remuneration depends on the role, relevant experience and duration
- Full-time Roles: Full-time roles are regular employment; they will entail full working hours. Remuneration will be as per the hiring company's employment policy.
How To Apply?
Applying is a simple two-step process
- Registration: fill this form with your details.
- Search and apply: browse through the listings or search for open roles and apply
Even if you don't find any roles that fit your aspirations, it will be helpful to register yourself and let hiring managers find you.