Tata in South America
The Tata group has had a presence in South America since the 1990s, principally through Tata Consultancy Services which started its first project in Brazil and has expanded to several more countries across the continent since then.
The group’s businesses in the region include:
- Rallis has offices in Paraguay, Ecuador, Brazil and Uruguay. The company also has presence in Guatemala and Panama.
- Tata Communications has invested in Seaborn Networks, which is laying a submarine network cable between the US and Brazil. The company also has presence in Ecuador.
- Tata Consultancy Services is well-established in the region with headquarters in Mexico, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay and employs more than 8,000 professionals.
- Tata International operates in the region through its metals trading business in Mexico.
- Tata Motors commercial and passenger vehicles are being marketed in Uruguay.