Tata in Europe
There are 19 Tata companies operating across Europe, with well over 60,000 employees and a presence in almost every European country. In the UK, Tata is among the largest industrial employers, operating in more than 40 towns and cities.
Among our companies in Europe:
- Tata Limited, a Tata Sons’ subsidiary in London, was established in 1907.
- Jaguar Land Rover, the largest manufacturer of premium vehicles in Britain, is headquartered in the UK, where it has three vehicle manufacturing plants. It also has two advanced design and engineering centres at Gaydon and Whitley.
- Tata Motors has its European Technical Centre in Coventry (UK).
- Tata Steel has operations in the Netherlands, the UK, France and Germany, with a research and development facility in Sheffield (UK).
- Tata Consultancy Services has substantial operations across Europe, including centres in the UK, Netherlands, France and Hungary.
- Tata Global Beverages owns the famous Tetley brand. The regional headquarters for Europe, Middle East and Africa is based in Greenford in the UK, with a manufacturing plant in Eaglescliffe.
- Tata Chemicals has sodium bicarbonate, salt and soda ash plants in Cheshire (UK).
- The St. James’ Court Hotel and 51 Buckingham Gate, both in London, are Taj Group properties.
- Tata Communications has a presence across Europe and a key cable landing station in the UK, which connects Europe’s submarine cable systems to the US and Africa.
- Other companies with a strong presence in European markets include Tata Elxsi, Tata AutoComp Systems and Tata Interactive Systems.