October 05, 2018
Tata Steel Kolkata 25K reaches a new milestone with the 5th edition; India's premier 25K is now an IAAF Bronze Label Race
- New brands on board: GoDaddy, Oakley, Nature Valley, Tata Motors and India Cares
- Registrations for the event begin
Kolkata: Tata Steel Kolkata 25K, only in its fifth year, is already an urban legend having ticked off the running revolution in the East. This year, the movement salutes the martyrs of the nation and encourages the city to run together to celebrate Vijay Divas on December 16.
Now an IAAF Bronze Label Race
Registrations open on October 4 and shut on November 30
New partners on board:
A new jewel in the crown for India’s only international 25K is the ‘bronze label’ accorded by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). This label is awarded to races whose basis criteria include organisational competence, elite field representation, equal prize money for male and female runners, medical support system, live television coverage, timing for participants and qualified personnel to ensure smooth conduct of the event across departments, among others. In addition, it also considers the course measurements and sanitation of the route, which includes safety and quality of the route, restrictions on traffic to allow free movement for runners within the specified time and facilities provided on course for a pleasant running experience for all participants.
Commenting on his association at a function held at Kolkata yesterday, Face of the Event Sourav Ganguly said: “It’s amazing to see how Tata Steel Kolkata 25K has caught the imagination of the metro. The last four years have been mindboggling, just seeing people get up in the morning, train hard for months and come out on that start line to put their best foot forward. This is a huge change in the mindset and TSK 25K is a good habit that has struck roots.
He further added, “Moreover, this year TSK 25K coincides with Vijay Diwas and gives us an opportunity to salute our heroes. I am very proud to be associated with such a quality sports event and even more proud to see Kolkata waking up to a new, healthier lifestyle.”
Sunil Bhaskaran, vice president, corporate services, Tata Steel, said, "Tata Steel is proud to be the title sponsor of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K run, which went international last year. I am sure that the biggest running event of eastern India will get bigger this year with increased participation of professional athletes, amateur runners and fitness enthusiasts, old and young alike."
Delivering top-notch running experiences in India is a promise that Procam International lives by. Each year efforts are taken to re-invent and add new elements to the race and ensure TSK 25K is truly ‘a running experience’.
Timed 5K Run: The 5K distance is most popular with amateur runners among running events, as it is comparatively easier to complete the distance without endurance training. This year with the timed 5K the event encourages an element of competition as well. The timed 5K runners will get their own finishers medal, prize money and, most importantly, a timing certificate which is applicable for entry into other timed races in India.
Puma Race Day and Finishers Tee: As an added incentive for all participants, the 25K confirmed participants will get the exclusive Puma Race Day Tee, while the first 1,000 finishers in the Open 10K will receive the Puma Finishers Tee.
Event anthem: To achieve anything in life, one needs a strong resolve, and even more importantly, one needs to take that first step forward. “The miracle isn’t that I finished, but that I had the courage to start.” Capturing this ethos, an exclusive running anthem ‘Nikal Pado to Mumkin Hai’ was launched earlier this year. Composed by the dynamic duo Salim–Sulaiman, the Hindi version is sung by the energetic Sukhwinder Singh. The lyrics of the anthem have been penned by noted lyricist and Padma Shri awardee Prasoon Joshi. For the TSK 25K, the anthem is translated into Bengali titled ‘Egao Jodi to Sofol Hobei’.
New sponsors: Running is the fastest growing sporting activity in India and has offered brands a non-conventional yet engaging platform to connect with their consumers. TSK 25K has been fortunate to get support from some of the most prestigious brands. This year the event has strengthened its core with five new sponsors on board.
- Tiago NRG, driven by partner: After its successful association with Procam International’s premier distance running events, Tata Motors has now extended their association to the TSK 25K with the new ‘urban toughroader’ – the Tiago NRG. Living up to its name, the Tiago NRG is a truly energetic product and is loaded with active features, making it a perfect match for the sport of running.
- Oakley, performance eyewear partner: One of the leading product design and sport performance brands in the world, Oakley is chosen by world-class athletes to compete at the highest level possible. The brand holds a very prominent position within the sports eyewear category, offering men and women an extraordinary product line that appeals to sport performance and active lifestyle consumers.
- GoDaddy, domains and online presence partner: The world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small and independent ventures is the official domains and online presence partner for the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K. This partnership will enable GoDaddy to reach out to aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners participating in the events and help them understand the benefits of having an online presence and the ease of creating a website.
- India Cares, philanthropy partner: Two decades ago, India Cares came together to promote, support and encourage civil society organisations, with the conviction that this sector is vital to building a humane society. Their journey with running events started in the year 2008. The backbone of the philanthropy paradigm of the TCS World 10K and Airtel Delhi Half Marathon and friend to CSOs, India Cares Foundation is now the philanthropy partner of the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K.
- Nature Valley, nutrition partner: Since 1860, the General Mills’ vision has been to ‘Serve the world by making food people love’. It fulfils this legacy through one of its iconic brands, Nature Valley. Made with only the best ingredients, Nature Valley granola bars provide its consumers with the energy they can depend on. Nature Valley has been very closely associated with encouraging individuals to get out of their homes and explore the outdoors. Sponsors of some of the most prestigious tennis events, this year, Nature Valley has extended its association to Procam's distance running events as the nutrition partner.
Tata Steel Kolkata 25K is proud to be have continued support from channel partner - Star Sports, fashion partner - Jabong, hydration partner - Bisleri, recovery partner - Volini spray, timing partner - Seiko, restoration partner - ORSL, hospitality partner - The Oberoi Grand, print partner - The Telegraph, radio partner - 98.3 Radio Mirchi, medical partner – Fortis, and institution partner - Harmony for Silvers foundation.
Vivek Singh, joint MD, Procam International, said, “We can say with conviction, Kolkata often considered as the cultural and cerebral capital of India is now swept by the magic of distance running. The overwhelming response from the city over the last few years has been truly encouraging and inspiring. It is a proud moment for all of us that the fifth edition of TSK 25K coincides with Vijay Diwas. The success of this event is dedicated to all our sponsors and partners, and our gratitude to the government, civic authorities, the Indian Army – Eastern Command and especially the people of this city for their relentless support and faith in our event.”
Registration details: Registration across six categories 25K Run, Open 10K, Timed 5K, Ananda Run (5km distance – not timed), Senior Citizens Run (2.1km) and Champions with Disability (2.1km) will commence on Thursday, October 4, at 7pm and stay open until 19:00 hours on November 30, 2018, or till running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
For online registration log onto https://tsk25k.procamrunning.in
25K – Rs1,000, Open 10K – Rs700, Ananda Run – Rs350, Senior Citizen’s Run, Timed 5K – Rs550 and Champions with Disability – Rs200
Application forms along with requisite application fees can be deposited in the dropbox located at:
Puma Stores in Kolkata (11am to 8pm)