March 15, 2017
Tata Power Delhi Distribution launches '5 Star AC scheme' to promote power conservation
- Scheme offers up to 50 percent discount on MRP on exchanging non-star ACs for BEE 5 star rated or Inverter ACs
- Will help reduce user’s electricity consumption by up to Rs5,500 annually
- Scheme valid for window, split, inverter ACs of 1 &1.5 ton for 10,800 Tata Power-DDL consumers on first come first serve basis
New Delhi: To help consumers beat the heat while being low on electricity bills, Tata Power Delhi Distribution (Tata Power-DDL) has re-launched its popular 5 Star AC scheme for its customers in north and northwest Delhi.
|Praveer Sinha, CEO and MD, Tata Power Delhi Distribution, launching the 5 Star AC scheme|
Features of the 5 Star AC scheme
- Special rates on exchanging non-star ACs with BEE 5 star or 3 star Inverter ACs.
- Scheme valid on Window and Split ACs for 1 ton and 1.5 tonne.
- Consumers can avail the scheme at Tata Power-DDL customer care centres with the following documents:
- Latest electricity bill
- Identity proof
- Address proof
Scheme is valid up to August 31, 2017.
Under the scheme, Tata Power-DDL customers can exchange their non-star ACs for BEE 5 star rated ACs or Inverter ACs and avail a discount of up to 50 percent on MRP for various models of ACs from leading Brands like Voltas, Godrej and Hitachi. Customers can opt for either a window or a split AC.
Besides providing discount on the market price, the scheme would also help consumers save up to Rs5,500 on their electricity bills annually depending upon their usage, thereby offering them twin advantages.
The scheme will be valid for 10,800 domestic customers on the first come first serve basis. Tata Power-DDL consumers can avail the scheme against their CA numbers (one AC per CA Number) mentioned in the electricity bills.
The scheme has been targeted at households as the domestic sector accounts for almost 50 percent of energy consumption in Delhi and ACs power consumption is a key component of the same. It is estimated that 5 star-rated ACs can help reduce electricity consumption sharply.
Commenting on the launch of the scheme, Praveer Sinha, CEO and MD, Tata Power Delhi Distribution, said, “As a responsible corporate entity, we have been constantly advocating and incentivising energy conservation schemes for the benefit of customers and the city as a whole. Our demand side management schemes not only aim to reduce power consumption but also help customers in reducing spending on their electricity bills.”
To avail the scheme, consumers will have to visit Tata Power- DDL customer care centres along with the latest electricity bill, photo identity and address proofs.
For more information, they may also call on 66404040 or visit the company website: www.tatapower-ddl.com