September 22, 2016
Tata group strengthens presence in Myanmar with new office in Yangon
Mumbai: The Tata group announces the establishment of a new office premises in Yangon, strengthening its presence in Myanmar. The office, set up by Tata International, will be a central hub for Tata companies, and will further enhance and strengthen the group’s engagement with stakeholders in Myanmar. It will facilitate growth of Tata companies in the region through furthering their existing capabilities and exploring new opportunities across sectors like agro, power, infrastructure, renewable energy, hospitality, tourism and consumer products.
|Inauguration of Tata group's new office premises in Yangon, Myanmar, by Harish Bhat, member, Group Executive Council, Tata Sons; Madhu Kannan, member of the Group Executive Council and group head for business development and public affairs, Tata Sons; Vijay Singh, director, Tata Sons, and Ronen Sen, director, Tata Sons|
The office was inaugurated by the directors of Tata Sons, Ronen Sen and Vijay Singh. Also, present on the occasion were Harish Bhat, member, Group Executive Council, Tata Sons; and Madhu Kannan, member of the Group Executive Council and group head for business development and public affairs, Tata Sons.
At the inauguration, Mr Kannan said, “With the establishment of this new office premises in Yangon, we hope to strengthen the Tata group’s presence in the market. Myanmar plays a significant role in a number of our group companies’ international portfolio, and we hope to be able to further capitalise on the potential opportunities present in the region.”
Tata companies present in Myanmar include:
- Tata International has positioned itself strongly in the region through trading of agro commodities like beans, pulses and imports of sugar and soybean along with fertilisers and steel products.
- Tata Motors has a significant presence in the region through selling of commercial vehicles.
- Jaguar Land Rover is building its brand and growing its business in the region
- Tata Power is actively exploring opportunities, especially in the renewable energy space.
- Titan Company has recently launched its watches in the market.
- Tata Consultancy Services is selling IT solutions to securities firms traded on Yangon stock exchanges.