The Founder of the Tata group began with a textile mill in central India in the 1870s. His powerful vision inspired the steel and power industries in India, set the foundation for technical education, and helped the country leapfrog from backwardness to the ranks of industrialised nations.
Here are some articles and other material about the man and his deeds:
- The giant who touched tomorrow: A profile
- Standing tall: A tribute by historian Dwijendra Tripathi
- Values are forever: Tata Sons director R Gopalakrishnan on Jamsetji Tata's unique legacy
- A man in full: Excerpts from the biography by Frank Harris
- The quotable Jamsetji Tata: Quotes by and about the Tata Founder
- A life in pictures: An interactive album