April 01, 2018
Tata Steel's Q4 & FY18 key production and sales figure (Provisional)
Production and sales performance
|All Figures are in million tonnes|
|Quarterly||Year till Date|
*Note: Production numbers: India - saleable Steel production
Key highlights: Tata Steel India
Tata Steel Jamshedpur
- Blast furnaces achieved best-ever hot metal production in FY18 of 10.95 million tonnes (Previous best 10.83 million tonnes in FY17)
- Blast furnaces achieved lowest best-ever coke rate of 349Kg/thm in FY18 (Previous best 360Kg/thm in FY17) and highest best-ever coal rate of 185Kg/thm in FY18 (Previous best 181Kg/thm in FY17)
- Best-ever saleable Steel production of 9.78 million tonnes in FY18 (Previous best was 9.70 million tonnes in FY17)
- Achieved highest-ever annual sales of 12.13 million tonnes in FY18 and registered a growth of 11 percent against a market growth of approximately 5 percent.
- Achieved best-ever annual sales in the automotive sector and registered a growth of 21 percent in FY18 against an industry growth of 14 percent (mainly driven by 2 wheelers and 3 wheelers).
- Best-ever annual sales in branded products and retail sector witnessing a growth of 9 percent in FY18 (y-o-y).
- Highest-ever annual sales in value added segments of hot rolled coupled with 2x growth in the Engineering segment (over last year) of the industrial products and construction business.
- TSL crossed, for the first time, the landmark of 1 million tonnes of annual exports in FY18.
Awards and recognitions
- ‘World’s Most Ethical Company’ by Ethisphere Institute for the sixth time
- ‘Ispat Suraksha Puraskar 2018’ in three different categories by Joint Committee on Safety, Health & Environment
- ‘Golden Peacock HR Excellence’ award for the year 2017
- ‘Asia’s Best Treasury Team’ award by the Hong Kong based Corporate Treasurer, an independent print publication in Asia dedicated to serving treasury teams and chief financial officers
- ‘MINT Corporate Strategy’ award in the ‘Renewal’ category for evolving strategies for sustained market leadership
- Tata Tiscon won the prestigious ‘Asia's Most Admired Brand’ award in the construction category organised by WCRC (World Consulting and Research Corporation)
- ‘Best Online Marketing Campaign of the year’ award by ET now for ‘Pravesh’ (Branded Doors)