December 28, 2017
Tata Power-DDL consumers say yes to going digital with more than 4.5 lakh hits and nearly 1.5 lakh downloads of mobile app
- App empowers a populace of 7 million and contributes towards the Digital India Mission.
- Company updates app with unique features like ‘Insta Pay’, usage graph, new offers section, etc to further enhance customer experience.
- App now also available for iOS platform.
With an aim to constantly enhance customer delight, Tata Power Delhi Distribution (Tata Power-DDL), the pioneer in power distribution in the country, has relaunched its popular mobile app — ‘Tata Power-DDL Connect’ with new and improved features like ‘Insta Pay’, usage graph, new offers section, etc. The new app is now also available for iOS platform devices.
What the new ‘Tata Power-DDL Connect’ offers
- Dynamic banner with current offers and schemes.
- ‘Insta Pay’ option for fast and secure payment of the due bill amount.
- Usage graph / chart to monitor the usage pattern.
- Due date and amount payable.
- Push notifications for quick updates on the account and new information.
- My account: Bill payment / consumption history.
- Employee verification.
- New connection request.
- Energy conservation tips.
- Power outage information.
- Locating nearest payment centre with Google Maps integration.
Till date, Tata Power-DDL Connect’ has received over 450,000 hits for services offered through the app and has received nearly 150,000 downloads.
New features of the app include ‘currently running offers and schemes’, ‘Insta Pay’ option for fast and secure payment of the due bill amount, usage graph/chart to monitor the usage pattern, due date and amount payable, push notifications for quick updates on the account and new information, etc in a fresh and more convenient user interface (UI).
The specially developed mobile app aims to help customers directly engage with the company and includes key features such as bill payment, account details (billing, reading, payment history, employee verification, power outage information and no current complaint registration and tracking), locating nearest payment centre with Google Maps integration and energy conservation tips.
The app also provides features such as reporting of unsafe situations (safety issues), street light complaints, no reading or misinterpretation of complaints, addition of email ID and phone number against a CA number as well as options to contact through other touch points (call centre, email, website or social media platforms).
Praveer Sinha, CEO and MD, Tata Power-DDL, said, “At Tata Power-DDL, we believe convenience is the key to enhance customer experience and with this in mind we have re-launched our mobile app, ‘Tata Power-DDL Connect’ with new features. I believe, more and more customers will download it to avail the services at just a click of a button.”
“As Tata Power-DDL is serving a populace of 7 million, the move will also contribute towards the Digital India Mission, which promises to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society by focusing on digital literacy, digital resources, and collaborative digital platforms,” Mr Sinha further added.