areas of business | joint ventures, subsidiaries, associates | location
Established in 1962 as Tata Robins Fraser, TRF is a pioneer in solutions for material handling equipment and processing systems required in the infrastructure development and automotive applications.
Areas of business
The material handling equipment and systems business caters mainly to sectors such as power, steel, port, mining, etc. Its two principle business segments, products and projects, are further divided into the following business units:
- Bulk Material Handling Equipment: The division specialises in the design and manufacture of a wide range of material handling equipment, such as wagon tipplers, conveying systems, screens and crushers, travelling wagon loaders, etc. The division manufactures its products in its state-of-the-art works at Jamshedpur.
- Bulk Material Handling Systems: The division offers a complete package of material handling and allied systems and services on a turnkey basis.
- Port and Yard Equipment: This division focuses on the design, supply, erection and the commissioning of material handling equipment for ports and stockyards including level luffing cranes, ship loaders and unloaders, container cranes, stacker-reclaimers, etc.
- Balance of Plant (BoP): This division offers complete EPC solution to power plant developers, comprises systems and utilities like coal and ash handling plants, water treatment, cooling tower, electrical-BoP, civil work, HVACs and compressed air, fire prevention and fuel handling systems. Its services also include system engineering for integration within BoP packages and those between BTG and BoP.
- Operation and Maintenance Services: The division provides operation and maintenance services to customers using bulk material handling equipment.
Joint ventures, subsidiaries, associates
- York Transport Equipment (Asia) Pte, Singapore is engaged in the business of production and distribution of trailer under-gears, which includes axles, suspensions and other components. The company has manufacturing facilities in Singapore, Australia, China and India.
- Adithya Automotive Applications is an automotive applications unit in Lucknow, India, which provides end-to-end solutions through fabrication and machining for tippers, load bodies, refrigerated bodies, etc.
- Dutch Lanka Trailer (DLT) Manufacturers, Sri Lanka is a world-class trailer manufacturing company with manufacturing facilities in Sri Lanka, Oman and India. It exports trailers to over 30 countries.
- Hewitt Robins International designs and manufactures mobile crushing plants and screens, feeders, foundry equipment, etc. The company produces standard and custom-designed equipment to perform in the toughest industrial environments.
The company’s headquarters and factory are located at Jamshedpur, India, with offices in Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi and Nagpur.