areas of business | location
Tata Limited was established in London in 1907 as the Tata Group’s representative in Europe. The company has evolved to become the agent for the overseas procurement of goods and services for the Group.
Tata Limited has expanded beyond its traditional purchasing activity by introducing sophisticated systems; it now offers comprehensive and highly specialised services that cover almost every type of industry and activity.
Areas of business
- A fully computerised system for worldwide sourcing of equipment, spares, raw materials and services.
- An in-house freight management company specialising in the movement of goods from anywhere in the world to the Indian subcontinent.
- Insurance at competitive rates as principal agents.
- Arrangements for making prompt payments, through international banks in London, to suppliers on behalf of buyers in several currencies.
- Raising of finance for trading operations and investments.
- Identification of potential partners for collaborative ventures.
- Representation in the UK and other parts of Europe for liaison work.
- Marketing of products / services in the UK and other European markets.
- Commodity trading in metals and soft commodities.
- Besides these, Tata Limited is being geared to providing advice and assistance to Indian companies seeking overseas opportunities for their products.
The company is based in London, UK.