areas of business | joint ventures, subsidiaries, associates | location
Tata Capital is a finance company that fulfills the financial needs of retail and institutional customers in India. It was established in 2007 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons and is registered with the Reserve Bank of India as a systemically important non-deposit taking non-banking financial company (NBFC).
The company is focused on providing multiple financial services through an extensive network of over 1,000 customer touch-points covering tier I, tier II and tier III cities.
Areas of business
Tata Capital has financial products and services in the following seven sectors:
- Distribution and broking: Third-party investment products, equity and commodity trading for retail and institutional customers.
- Retail finance: Passenger and commercial vehicle loans, used car loans, personal loans, home loans, credit cards and consumer durable loans for retail customers.
- Commercial finance: Financial products for small and medium enterprises, and project finance for capital equipment and infrastructure.
- Investment banking: Advisory and debt and equity market products for corporate and small and medium enterprises.
- Private equity: Investments in India and other countries.
- Wealth management: Suite of advisory and investment offerings for high net worth individuals.
- Rural finance: Relevant financial products for rural customers, including financing of farm equipment, agricultural inputs and agricultural enterprises.
The company has entered into an understanding with Japan-based Mizuho Securities Co to promote an alliance in private equity, investment banking including cross border merger and acquisition, securities business including broking and distribution, structured finance and other business areas such as wealth management. It has also entered into an understanding with Equifax Inc and CRISIL to develop plans to create a credit information company in India.
Joint ventures, subsidiaries, associates
- Tata Securities (TSL): A wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Capital Limited engaged in retail and institutional distribution and broking. TSL distributes third-party investment products and offers stock broking services of buying, selling or dealing in securities, including futures and options, in its capacity as a member of the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange. TSL is also a depository participant.
- Tata Capital Markets (TCML): A wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Capital engaged in debt and equity capital markets and M&A advisory. TCML has a category I merchant banking license from the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- e-Nxt: A KPO unit specialising in the area of financial services; owned by Tata Capital, Tata Sons and others.
- Tata Capital also owns around 4 per cent of equity capital of Development Credit Bank, a growing private sector bank.
The company is headquartered in Mumbai, India.