areas of business | joint ventures, subsidiaries and associates | location
CMC is an end-to-end information technology solutions and services provider. It is the No 2 software developer in India, the country’s top third-party maintenance and support provider and is rated among the top five organisations in the field of computer education and training in India.
Incorporated in 1975, CMC is a subsidiary of Tata Consultancy Services. It has software development parks in Mumbai and Hyderabad, 18 offices in major Indian cities and more than 180 service locations. Branch offices in the UK and Dubai service CMC's markets in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The company has more than 3,000 employees.
Areas of business
CMC operates through four strategic business units: customer services, systems integration, IT-enabled services and education and training. Together they cover the following practices:
- Systems and hardware consultancy
- Software and hardware maintenance
- Environmental engineering
- Equipment integration and supply
- Network management
- Facilities management
- Embedded systems
- Systems study
- Software design and development
- Turnkey project management and integration
- Data-centre services
- Networking solutions / EDI
- Web hosting / web applications
- Education and training
Joint ventures, subsidiaries, associates
- CMC Americas Inc: A wholly owned subsidiary, this company — earlier called Baton Rouge International — was acquired in 1991. It handles business development in the American market.
- CMC Informatics: A trading branch in the UK.
CMC has its head office in Mumbai and regional offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi and Hyderabad.