areas of business | board of directors | location
Tata Industries was set up by Tata Sons in 1945 as a managing agency for the businesses it promoted. Following the abolition of the managing agency system, Tata Industries' mandate was recast, in the early 1980s, to promote Tata's entry into new and high-tech businesses.
Tata Industries has initiated and promoted Tata ventures in several sectors, including control systems, information technology, financial services, auto components, advanced materials, telecom hardware and telecommunication services.
Areas of business
Tata Industries has two operating divisions which function as independent profit centres:
- Tata Strategic Management Group: An independent management consulting division that assists Tata as well as non-Tata companies in enhancing their competitive edge.
- Tata Interactive Systems: Among the world's leading e-learning organisations, it offers services such as project management, instructional design and graphics, and technical know-how.
Tata Industries' main activities are:
- To promote Tatas' entry into new businesses
- To maintain shareholding in promoted companies
- To invest in operating companies to facilitate growth
Board of directors
Tata Industries is based in Mumbai.