areas of business | joint ventures, subsidiaries, associates | location
Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery is India's leading provider of equipment and services in the construction and earth-moving industries. Set up in 1961 as a division of Tata Motors, the company, formerly known as Telco Construction Equipment Company, is now a 60:40 joint venture between Tata Motors and Hitachi Construction Machinery Co of Japan.
Apart from supplying to the Indian market, Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery also exports construction equipment to African, Asian and Middle Eastern countries.
Areas of business
Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery supplies a wide range of construction equipment, including hydraulic excavators, mining shovels, dumpers, backhoe loaders, wheel loaders, vibratory compactors, motor graders, crawler cranes, asphalt plants and multi-utility loaders. The company also offers a wide range of value-added services.
Joint ventures, subsidiaries, associates
- Telcon Eco Road Resurfaces (a joint venture with IVRCL, India, and Hitachi and Green Arm, Japan)
- Hitachi Construction, Japan (hydraulic excavators and cranes)
- Lebrero, Spain (compactors)
- CESAN, Turkey (asphalt plants)
- Hitachi Truck Manufacturing, USA (dumpers)
- Tadano, Japan (tyre-mounted cranes)
- Hitachi-Sumitomo, Japan (crawler cranes)
- Berco (undercarriages)
- Serviplem, Spain (concrete mixers and dry bulk tanks)
Based in Bengaluru, the company has manufacturing plants in Jamshedpur and Dharwad, with a third one coming up in Kharagpur (all locations in India). It has a sales and service customer network of over 100 offices across India.