Imagine waking up to the chirping of birds outside your window. Imagine lazing around every weekend near a pool. Imagine after-dinner walks in acres of greenery with the scent of flowers in the night air for company. And all of this in urban India.
If that sounds like a dream, it’s time you woke up to the reality of the exquisite properties being developed by Tata Housng in the country’s major cities. Awaiting you are residential complexes built in harmony with nature, pleasantly landscaped surroundings with a variety of trees and flowers, and acres of peace and serenity.
The complexes have been designed keeping in mind a family’s needs and comforts. The flats are spacious, well ventilated and fitted out in the best of contemporary styles. There are leisure conveniences –– play area, clubhouse, swimming pool and health club –– that allow children and adults to relax after a hard day’s work. Additionally, the properties are located at places that have markets, shopping complexes and travelling facilities close by.
Tata Housing develops and builds world-class properties that are delivered to its valued customers well on schedule. Besides, the company organises site visits and housing finance. Its properties are among the most elegant anywhere in India. Here's a guided tour through some of its projects.
Technopolis Knowledge Park (Mumbai)
The workplace of the future
Location: Mahakali Caves Road, Chakala,
Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400 093
- Single four-storey building with two interconnected wings.
- Office areas of 3,000 to 42,000 square feet.
- Designed to combine comfort with aesthetics –– floor-to-ceiling height of 13 feet; noise- and heat-resistant structural glazing; offices with landscaped gardens on select floors.
- Follows the ‘intelligent building’ concept –– Honeywell ‘building automation system’ controls and monitors centralised air-conditioning, smoke- and fire-detection alarm systems and power supply.
- Every office unit has 25 telephone lines and an Internet connection.
- ‘Underfloor trunking’ for flexibility in locating workstations.
- Power supplied by Tata Power at 20 per cent cheaper rates than BSES and BEST. A sub-station in the complex ensures fluctuation-free load.
- MTNL exchange at the Park enables quick connections.
- Other facilities include a bank with ATM, courier services, two restaurants, a Barista Café and a jogging track.
- One wing complete and fully occupied.
- Second wing scheduled for completion by January 2002.
- Will have ground floor with six offices, and four floors with 16 offices each.
- Will include additional facilities such as swimming pool, health club and fitness centre.
Living in a park
Location: Gladys Alvaris Road, off Pokharan Road No 2, Thane (W) – 400 601.
- Residential complex spread over 18,000 sq mts with a scenic view of Yeoor Hills.
- Attractively landscaped with more than 6,000 trees, plants and shrubs.
- Two entrances and round-the-clock security.
- Five 14-storey towers: Tulip, Hyacinth, Primrose, Almanda and Daffodil.
- Each tower has two lifts and there’s ample parking space for scooter and cars
- Central enclave with swimming pool, kiddies pool and clubhouse.
- A Jogging track.
- Well-trimmed lawns and well-lit asphalt roads.
- Children’s play area.
- Special bus service to the station (5km away).
Two of the towers, Tulip and Hyacinth, have been completed. Primrose, the third tower, is under construction and will be ready for occupation by February 2002.
Available flats with area
2BHK (1,079 sq ft) and 3BHK (1,338, 1,416 and 1,532 sq ft).
Bringing together elements to create the perfect symphony
Chandivali, off Saki Vihar Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400 072
- Single 12-storey building with four independent wings.
- Each wing has an exclusive entrance and lobby with two lifts.
- Four apartments on each floor and balconies in every apartment.
- Swimming pool.
- Clubhouse and cabana.
- Children’s play area in the front and car park at the rear.
- Landscaped gardens with pathways.
- Special bus service to the station (6km away).
Available flats with area
There are 75 flats available at present in these sizes: 1BHK (640 sq ft) and 2BHK (970 and 1,300 sq ft).
Will be ready by September 2001.
Vibhutipura Extension, Marthahalli, Whitefield Road, Bangalore.
Highlights and facilities
- Fourteen 3-storey townhouses with English architectural features and well-planned gardens.
- Spacious lawns that are ideal for afternoon tea parties or a game of cricket.
- Centrally-located clubhouse enclosed by a beautiful ‘loop-spine’ pathway.
- Swimming pool and jogging track.
- Ample car-parking space in the basement.
Available apartments with area
2BHK (1,040 to 1,139 sq ft); 3BHK (1,200 to 1,500 sq ft); 3BHK duplex (2,100 sq ft); and 4BHK (1,800 to 2,000 sq ft).
Eight townhouses with 240 flats will be ready by March 2002. Sample flat can be viewed at present. Construction of the other six townhouses will be completed by March 2003.
Green Acres (Cochin)
A city within a city
Marine Drive, Tatapuram, Cochin.
- Spread over a 30-acre expanse on the proposed Marine Drive extension along breathtaking backwaters.
- Well-planned clusters of 54 townhouses designed in authentic Kerala tradition with Mangalore-tile roofs and ethnic finishes.
- Wonderfully landscaped greenery in each cluster.
- Townhouses have ground-floor dwellings with attached gardens, while the upper three floors will have balconies or terraces.
- Swimming pool and a clubhouse with fully-equipped gymnasium.
- Library and card-room.
- Excellent parking facilities.
- Power back up and water-treatment plant.
- Security and maintenance services.
Available apartments with area
At present 34 townhouses are available. Three-bedroom duplex: 1,850 sq ft; single-level with three bedrooms: 1,550 sq ft.