Values and purpose
At the Tata group we are committed to improving the quality of life of the communities we serve. We do this by striving for leadership and global competitiveness in the business sectors in which we operate.
Our practice of returning to society what we earn evokes trust among consumers, employees, shareholders and the community. We are committed to protecting this heritage of leadership with trust through the manner in which we conduct our business.
Tata has always been values-driven. These values continue to direct the growth and business of Tata companies. The five core Tata values underpinning the way we do business are:
- Pioneering: We will be bold and agile, courageously taking on challenges, using deep customer insight to develop innovative solutions.
- Integrity: We will be fair, honest, transparent and ethical in our conduct; everything we do must stand the test of public scrutiny.
- Excellence: We will be passionate about achieving the highest standards of quality, always promoting meritocracy.
- Unity: We will invest in our people and partners, enable continuous learning, and build caring and collaborative relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Responsibility: We will integrate environmental and social principles in our businesses, ensuring that what comes from the people goes back to the people many times over.
By 2025, 25% of the world’s population will experience the Tata commitment to improving the quality of life of customers and communities. As a result, Tata will be amongst the 25 most admired corporate and employer brands globally, with a market capitalisation comparable to the 25 most valuable companies in the world.
To improve the quality of life of the communities we serve globally through long-term stakeholder value creation based on Leadership with Trust.