March 10, 2011
Tata Motors introduces the new Tata Indica eV2, the most fuel-efficient car in India with 25kmpl mileage
- Sports the all-new common rail diesel engine
- 32 per cent increase in power and 46 per cent increase in fuel efficiency
- New interiors
- Class-defining features
This mileage of 25kmpl is hinged on three technological advancements.
1) Smart engine management system (EMS) chip, that involves perfectly calibrating every minute engine component to optimise functionality — right from valve timing to compression ratios to pressure volume ratios, it flawlessly synchronises every engine function to deliver this mileage.
2) Maximum charge combustion — an innovatively designed engine block and piston assembly that ensures effective intake and circulation of charge (mixture of air and fuel), thereby almost preventing friction between parts. The result is maximum combustion of charge, increased efficiency and power.
3) Drag reduction — redesigned wheel arches and subtle alterations on the exterior combined with a lighter shell and engine have collectively contributed to making the car more aerodynamic, reducing the drag coefficient.
Besides improved driveability, the new Tata Indica eV2 also offers two class-defining features. The auto-drive assist ensures that while climbing a gradient the engine will not stall even if the foot is completely taken off the clutch, thus enabling the driver to easily shift his foot to the accelerator. Another first is the clutch-to-start feature that will ensure that one cannot crank the engine unless the clutch is fully engaged, hence there is no risk of re-crank if engine is on.
The interiors of the new Tata Indica eV2 are in elegant shadow beige colour. The top trim sports a wooden finish centre console and a host of other features such as power windows, keyless entry, Bluetooth-enabled music system and USB port, 4-spoke collapsible steering wheel, tachometer, rear parcel shelf, 60:40 rear seating, and front and rear fog lamps.
The exterior styling gets enhanced by sporty alloy wheels, attractive decals, a new tail-light cluster and rear bumper.
The Tata Indica eV2 range is available in four exciting colours — apple green, neo orange, arctic silver and mint white.
The car comes with a warranty of 24 months or 75,000km, whichever is earlier.
The Tata Indica eV2 is in the range of Rs3.95 lakh and Rs4.77 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi for the CR4 diesel engine and in the range of Rs2.95 lakh and Rs3.58 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi, for the MPFI petrol.