September 05, 2011
Tata Motors launches Tata Indigo e-CS VX with a mileage of 25kmpl
- 25kmpl mileage achieved with five technological advancements
- New CR4 engine with smart engine management chip
- Class-defining features and new interiors
It sports the all-new CR4 common rail diesel engine that has a displacement of 1,396cc delivering 70PS @ 4,000rpm. With a higher torque of 140nm at a lower 1,800-3,000rpm, improvements in gear ratios, clutch-to-start and reduction in the weight of the car by around 10kg, the Tata Indigo e-CS VX ensures better pickup.
The Tata Indigo e-CS VX is also available with the MPFi petrol engine. Both these engines are compliant with BS4 emission norms.
This mileage of 25kmpl in the CR4 common rail diesel engine is hinged on five technological advancements.
- Smart Engine Management System (EMS) Chip that involves perfectly calibrating engine components every micro-second to optimise functionality — right from valve timing to compression ratios, to pressure volume ratios, to air fuel mixture, flawlessly synchronising every engine function to deliver 25kmpl mileage.
- Maximum charge combustion: An innovatively designed engine head, block and piston assembly that ensures effective intake and circulation of charge (mixture of air and fuel), thereby minimising pumping friction losses. The result is maximum combustion of charge, increased efficiency and power.
- Drag reduction: Redesigned wheel arches and subtle alterations on the exteriors, combined with a lighter shell and engine, have collectively contributed to making the car more aerodynamic, reducing the drag coefficient.
- Transaxle (gear box): With optimised gear ratios to give best fuel efficiency and driveability together.
- Tyres: For drag / rolling losses reduction, optimised tyres were developed which provide low rolling losses coupled with good riding comfort and handling.
Other class-defining features in the Tata Indigo e-CX VX are stylish R14 alloy wheels, satin finish front grill, headlamps and ORVM with blinkers. They, coupled with body-coloured bumpers and chrome inserts on the rub rails, endow it with head-turning looks.
The interiors have been enriched with dual-tone beige seating and dashboard, premium wood-finish centre console, new instrument cluster with chrome rings and rear centre armrest for enhanced comfort. The plushness is enhanced with keyless entry, ABS, Bluetooth connectivity and electrical controls for ORVMs, besides carrying forward the comfortable AC, power steering and power windows.
The car comes with a warranty of 18 months and unlimited kilometres, for private usage.
The Tata Indigo e-CS VX is priced at Rs580,339 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), for the CR4 diesel engine and the Tata Indigo e-CS GVX is priced at Rs497,727 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), for the MPFi petrol engine.The Tata Indigo CS has dominated the entry mid-size segment in the country for almost four years with its proposition of being the most compact sedan in the market. It has been appreciated for its classy styling as much as the great value proposition that it offers at an unbeatable price to a sedan aspirant.